Sixth Task
DIRECTIONS: Based on the questions posed by Richars & Lockhart (2007) in "Exploring teachers´ beliefs", in your own blog write down you own:
- Beliefs about English
English is an important language because of the opportunities it gives to the language-speakers to have a multicultural perspective of the world. Thus, I think it is importamt but not the most relevant tregarding the sociocultural features. It is not even diffcult compared to other languages like Spanish or German, what makes this language so useful.
For I to learn and imporve my English proficiency, it was too difficult to practice speaking by myself. In this regard, pronunciation became something hard and stressful to practice.
I think that English is really useful and that no features like native-like accent or a speciffic dialect should be mandatory. English should be taught with no boundaries or missing features.
- Beliefs about learning
Learning is the cognitive process by which people get insights and produce outcomes through meaningful input. Hence, English is a language (like all the others) that should be taught through a meaningufl exposition to all the features of the language. Obvioulsy, it gotta be clarly stated and productive.
Taking everything into account, I have tried to put in practice different strategies that could enhance my students abilities to participate and ask. Also, I do the same with shyness and I try to overcome it by being resourceful and open to questions and so on.
- Beliefs about teaching
I think that my role is merely a great variety of many roles. I do everyhthing I can. If my students need help or need to be motivated, I do it. If I need to change my metholodgy because there is one students that is not comfortable with it, I do it. One being a teacher has to be open to create many roles for having a good atmosphere in the classroom. Regarding the methods and the resources, I try to use activities and task that could encourage students to communicate or to participate actively.
- Beliefs about teaching as a profession
Teaching English as an EFL is great. One has the opportunity to teachers of being more conscious about the issues that the students face in a world which is up to change through time. Thus, the way english teachers teach should change. It has to be more motivating and productive. Students need no traditional classes, it is not something that helps people to develop sociocultural abilities.
Comments
Post a Comment